Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham

     Green Eggs and Ham was our Dr. Seuss book today.  Most of the children were already familiar with this book and enjoyed reading along with me.  

     I gave the students the sentence, "I like green eggs and ham."  They cut the words apart and arranged the words into a silly sentence.  The sentence might say, "like ham and I eggs green".  We went to our partners paper and read their silly sentence.  Upon returning to our own paper, we put the words in the correct order, glued onto  a piece of paper, copied and illustrated the sentence.  

     We turned the paper over and wrote our own sentence using the frame:

                        I like ____________     _____________   and ____________.
                                     (color)                    (food)                            (food)

     So the sentence might say, "I like purple fish and pizza.
   

     I shared the Seussville web site with the students today.  The is a site with many fun activities and games for children.  Please click and check it out if you are interested.

     Tomorrow is Dr. Seuss' birthday and to celebrate we are having Wacky Wednesday!  The students can dress "wacky".  This could include mismatched socks and shoes, backward clothes, inside-out shirts, crazy hats, etc....

     Also tomorrow is a free choice Sharing day.